Thursday, April 5, 2012

Picture of the Week

Finished Masterpiece:  Shelby Cobra meets Snapseed, then meets Photoshop Express on my beloved iPhone, then back to Snapseed for further magic.  Snapseed is my current favorite app, but like most photo apps, it doesn't do 100% of what I want it to do, so I also like to use Photoshop Express for some tweaking.  Or I should say, some much-needed tweaking.  t tried to bring out the pizzazz and kapow! possessed by the car, but not go overboard.  What I like to do is take the oomph! and kapow! up to the limit, then dial it back a little so I do not create a picture that looks amateurish - nothing looks worse than going overboard with an iPhone photo-magic app, such as taking an HDR image way past the limit.   I don't understand people that do that - surely it is obvious it is too much of something.  But that is just me.   Interesting how I was able to bring out the shimmery green at the front fender - a real nice touch I was not expecting.  I posted this on Instagram [@jimmy1963] and it was a crowd favorite.


Original:  When you see a one-of-a-kind car, try to do better than I did and take a one-of-a-kind picture.  I saw this beautiful Shelby Cobra (probably a replica) and had to snap a pic of it, even though it was parked in a parking spot on the main drag of Fredericksburg, Texas.  An old man was in the way, as he too likes Shelbys, so I had to artfully shoot the picture without him in it.  If you look closely you can see the trail of broken hearts this car has left behind.   

No comments:

Post a Comment