Thursday, April 12, 2012

Picture of the Day

Original:  An interesting and colorful picture I shot yesterday with my new Olloclip Wide Angle Lens.  This was from the first batch of pics I shot with it, so I was just trying to get used to using the lens and find interesting subject matter to shoot.  The wide angle lens curves the outside of the view, so I was looking for something that would work well with that aspect, as well as something colorful.  The subject worked well, but the resulting image is a bit blah and drab - nothing you would want to hang on your wall.  No problem - I had five minutes to spare, and Snapseed at the ready.

Final Masterpiece: Five minutes later I have managed to adjust the sharpness and detail, tweak the color and contrast, and produce an image that has some punch and pizzazz!  This is a good example of how to find a good shot - just open your eyes and shoot what you find interesting, then try to make your creation beautiful, rather than waiting for the perfect shot.  If I had waited for the perfect shot, I would have gone home with only one shot of a high-rise condo on Town Lake - whooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment