Sunday, February 5, 2012

Favorite Pics of the Week

     People often stop me on the street and ask, "Hey Jimmy, what are your favorite pictures this week?"  In answer to that constant question, I post the following:

Finished Picture:  With enough dust on the car to write War and Peace, I ran the car through the digital carwash to remove all the funk from the original image.  First I ran it through Tiffen FX (iPad app) on my beloved iPad to bring out the colors.  Next I ran it through Tilt Shift Generator (iPad app) to give the colors more KAPOW! and add a neat level of blur and sharp focus to give the picture depth.  Then I ran the final image through Instagram to slightly tame the colors, and share with my friends on Instagram.  Check my work out on Instagram - I am jimmy1963 and I have a kajillion pictures in my portfolio.

Original Picture:  While driving through the big city of Burnet, Texas, this impeccable example of Detroit craftsmanship caught my eye.  But what to do with it?

Finished Picture:  A good example of "how to create the wow factor in your pictures".  Whites have been whitened, colors have been brightened, picture has been sharpened, and what was once a drab picture suddenly looks pretty good.

Original Picture:  A good example of my unique photography method known as High-Speed Accidental Photography.  Not to be confused with taking a picture in a moving vehicle without looking at the subject.  Colorful subject and interesting signage - too bad it is blurry and out of focus.

Finished Picture:  When faced with a boring picture and a boring subject - what to do?  Pull out all the stops - you can't make it look any worse.  3 minutes worth of work on my iPhone while waiting for my lunch to be served at Jimmy John's and I created something pretty cool.
Original:  Lots of grey and nothing remotely interesting about this picture.
Finished Picture:  4 minutes of editing on my iPhone in my favorite app - Tiffen Photo FX.  Approx 20+ adjustments made to the pic to compensate for the washed out grey skies, and the lack of color and pizzazz.
Original:  Church in downtown Austin, Texas.  Picture taken on a dreary winter day.

No comments:

Post a Comment